Saturday, September 9, 2017 at 07:00 AM to Wednesday, February 28, 2018
Agreement and Release
In consideration of the acceptance of Friends In Training - FIT LLC (“FIT”) of my membership application for entry into its Fitness, Marathon or Half Marathon Training Program (the “Program”), and other good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which I hereby acknowledge, I agree as follows:
1. Acceptance; Termination. I hereby agree that FIT, in its sole discretion, has the right to accept or deny my application for membership. I agree that FIT shall have the right to terminate my membership for any reason in its sole discretion including, without limitation, for a violation of this Membership Agreement or failure to abide by any rule or policy adopted by FIT and in any case of termination by FIT which case FIT agrees to reimburse me for any unused months for which I have paid membership dues.
2. Acknowledgement. I understand that participation in the Program is an endurance/athletic activity and, as such, carries with it certain inherent risks that cannot be eliminated and that endurance/athletic activities can be potentially hazardous. Accordingly, I hereby certify that I am in good health and am physically fit to enter into a training program. I acknowledge that I am aware of the many risks of injury or other conditions involved in athletic training in general, including, without limitation, conditions or injuries which could be life threatening. I acknowledge and agree that participation in the Program will expose me to risks including, but not limited to, running related injury, traffic and the detrimental effects of heat and pollution. I hereby assert and affirm that my participation in the Program, FIT, training, and racing is voluntary and that I knowingly assume all such risks. I further agree that FIT shall have the right at any time to require me to provide a medical clearance to participate in the Program and FIT signed by a licensed medical doctor and in such form and content as shall be acceptable to FIT in its sole discretion and I agree that my failure to do so will result in the termination of my membership. I acknowledge and agree that FIT and its owners, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, coaches volunteers, and sponsors cannot assure my safety during participation in the Program.
3. Release and Indemnification. I, for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns do hereby remise, forever discharge, and release, waive and forever discharge FIT and its owners, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, coaches, volunteers, sponsors, successors, and assigns (“FIT Parties”) from and against any and all debts, demands, losses, liabilities, causes of action, suits, accounts, covenants, contracts, agreements, damages, fees (including attorneys’ fees) of every name and nature both in law and at equity, including without limitation, liability for negligence (“Claims”) arising from or relating to my participation or membership in the Program and/or FIT. I hereby agree to indemnify and to save and hold harmless FIT and the FIT Parties from and against any Claims arising out of or in connection with my participation or membership in the Program and/or FIT. I further agree that in the terms of this Membership Agreement, including, without limitation, this Release and Indemnification, shall apply to and govern any and all activities I may undertake as a coach or an assistant coach for the Program and/or FIT in the event I agree to volunteer as a coach or assistant coach.
4. Publicity. I hereby grant permission to FIT to use my name and likeness and any photograph, videotape, motion picture, recording and any other record of my attendance at or participation in FIT and/or the Program for any lawful purpose related to the marketing of and publicity for FIT including social media. I understand that FIT will not sell any information submitted on my Membership Application or any other information about me obtained by FIT during my attendance at or participation in the Program to any third party.
5. Refunds/Transfers. I agree and acknowledge that all fees are final payments and that FIT does not make refunds or transfers for any reason other than in accordance with Section 1 above.
CERTIFICATION REGARDING MEDICAL CONDITIONFIC
ATION REGARDING MEDICAL CONDITION
Anyone beginning an exercise program for the first time, or restarting an exercise program after a period of inactivity, must consult a doctor before starting the Training Program.
Further, anyone who conforms to any one of the following criteria must consult a doctor before training:
1. You are over age 60 and not accustomed to vigorous exercise.
2. You have a family history of premature (i.e., under 55 years of age) coronary artery disease.
3. You frequently have pains or pressure in the left of mid-chest area, neck, shoulder, or arm during or immediately after exercise.
4. You often feel faint or have spells of sever dizziness, or you experience extreme breathlessness after mild exertion.
5. Your doctor has said your blood pressure is too high and is not under control, or you do not know if your blood pressure is normal.
6. Your doctor has said you have heart trouble, that you have a heart murmur, or that you have had a heart attack.
7. Your doctor has said you have bone or joint problems.
8. You have a medical condition not mentioned here that might need special attention during an exercise program (i.e., insulin-dependent diabetes, etc).
9. You are under age 18. A note from a doctor is required prior to starting the Training Program.
By my signature I certify that I have read and understand the above information. I have doctor’s approval or will consult with one before beginning the training program if the above information indicates that I should.
FRIENDS IN TRAINING-FIT LLC MEMBER GUIDELINES AND AGREEMENT
We are looking forward to an awesome season and are happy to have you as part of the FIT family. Here are some guidelines to follow to ensure your safety and the integrity of our program:
Run against traffic so you can observe approaching automobiles. By facing on-coming traffic, you may be able to react quicker than if it is behind you.
Look both ways before crossing. (Only cross at the light when appropriate) Be sure the driver of a car acknowledges your right-of-way before crossing in front of a vehicle. Obey traffic signals.
Run or Walk in Single file on bridges and narrow sidewalks.
Do not run in the bike lane.
Carry identification or write your name, phone number, emergency contact and blood type on the FIT Shoe ID tag given to you during registration (found in your goodie bag). Include any medical information. If you have a medical condition that may be affected by exercise, please advise your coach or assistant coach.
Do not leave valuables in your car. FIT is not responsible for theft or damage to your car.
Carry your water bottle/belt and stay hydrated.
Do not wear headphones. Use your ears to be aware of your surroundings. Your ears may help you avoid dangers your eyes may miss during evening or early morning runs. If you choose to wear headphones, please only wear the ear bud in one ear.
Wear your Friends In Training Shirts on Saturday mornings. We encourage you to wear your FIT shirts to help identify you as a FIT member.
Start and stay with the group as much as possible. Due to our early start and additional safety reasons, we encourage you to stay with the group as much as possible and follow our training routes. (Routes will be announced each morning by the Coach/Assistant Coach).
· Saturday Training: Attend our Saturday Training group runs. Be at the park 15 min early to allow time for parking etc. Stay with your group. If you need to turn around early, inform your coach/Assistant Coach.
· Saturday Seminars: Plan on staying for our group stretching session and informative seminars after the run.
· During the Week Training: Follow and practice your training during the week as per schedule provided on the Friends In Training Website. http://www.friendsintraining.net.
· If out of town: Plan accordingly so you do not miss your training run (get your miles in town or out of town if possible).
· Speed Training: Speed Training Sessions begin in October and takes place at Central Park on Tuesdays at 7:00 pm. We encourage all our members to participate if possible.
FIT GROUP EVENTS:
· Official FIT Races and other Events: To maximize FIT support and fully enjoy our group experience, we highly encourage you to be familiar with the official FIT races/events and socials, and participate as much as possible.
· We ask members not to promote competing running groups within FIT.
· Event ideas: Each year we have FIT supported events and destination events. If you have ideas for new FIT events we encourage you to let us know. Just contact Marcela@friendsintraining.net. Social activities and new seminar topic/ideas are also welcome.
· Enjoy and have fun! We are looking forward to an awesome season training with you!
I understand Friends In Training Membership Guidelines and I agree to follow them.
We appreciate your feedback! We look forward to continuing to improve our service to you.